When visiting foreign countries, it is important to give respect to the traditions and customs of a hosting state. The dress code in Dubai is based on tolerance for the culture and religion of the Arab world. When planning a trip to this city, consider who to behave, what to wear, etc. Below, let’s take a closer look at the dress code rules for tourists in Dubai.
Do’s and Don’ts in Dubai
1. While staying in a hotel room or at home, you can wear whatever you want.
2. The dress code in Dubai must be satisfied in public places, such as shopping centers, supermarkets, cinemas, markets, on the street, on the road in a car, public areas of hotels, etc.
3. Bikinis or swimwear should be standard, not too revealing.
4. A common problem for city visitors is when people go from the pool or beach to public places, like a store or mall without changing clothes. For example, wearing only shorts or clothes over a wet swimsuit, which makes it transparent. This is not permissible; do not forget to change your clothes completely after swimming in the pool or the sea.
5. It is impermissible to wear semi-transparent clothes, through which underwear is visible.
6. Covering heads with scarves is unnecessary for female foreigners. Yet, this rule is applicable to tourists only when visiting a mosque.
It is advisable to avoid wearing too open clothes and anything with deep cutouts.
Rules for Men
1. Bare breasts is considered inappropriate in public places.
2. Shorts should be of a free cut and do not fit tightly.
3. It is unacceptable to put on swimming trunks anywhere outside the pool or beach.
4. When visiting the mosque, men must wear full-length trousers.
5. T-shirts with offensive images, gestures, slogans.