Although both professions are rather similar, these are two different occupations. Many people even do not see the difference between them. Thus, let’s consider the difference between wedding planners and coordinators in this article. Both individuals are designed to help couples make their day unforgettable and enjoyable. Their main purpose is to simplify the preparatory process and help sweethearts avoid stress. Now, let’s see what duties each of them performs.
These people assist beloved in the course of the whole preparatory process. Their duties embrace a wide range of services. They will
- Provide contacts of reliable vendors with whom they have already worked;
- Coordinate the whole logistics;
- Help a groom and bride develop an appropriate style of the celebration;
- Visit all venues and service vendors with beloved and assess the provided options.
- Keep track of the wedding budget;
- Book the necessary venue/services and negotiate prices;
- Contact all service provides on behalf of a bride and groom and tell what and how to do.
Wedding planners are all-encompassing people who fully perform all duties for wedding arrangements.
These individuals serve as consultants. Usually, they are hired for a short period to help cope with certain tasks. For example, if a bride and a groom want to arrange the celebration themselves but on the wedding day forget about all the duties, they can hire a wedding coordinator who will perform all duties instead of them. Usually, these people watch for logistics matters. Wedding coordinators will
- Take all the chores and watch for particular work implementation;
- Not assist you during the whole preparatory process;
- Not suggest some decorative ideas or options;
- Not suggest wedding vendors or services;
- Not book services or venues, ask for a price reduction.
Thus, as you see wedding planners are those who will spend all the time along with you from the first day of the preparation up to the wedding day. It is the person who will help find the best options for your celebration, listen to your dreams, and help create the best wedding ever. Generally, you need this specialist if you want to avoid all the chores connected to a wedding routine.
Wedding coordinators will be useful if you want to solve just particular tasks without engaging this specialist in your wedding routine. This person will help you if you want to head the preparatory process but avoid stress on the wedding day and be sure that everything is under control.