Wedding photos are the key to positive memories and captured touching moments. For newlyweds, especially brides, a wedding photo session is one of the most important in life. These photos will preserve the memory of the most significant event of a lifetime. Therefore, it is very important to choose a talented photographer – a master of his/her craft, and carefully prepare for the photo shoot.
1. Find a photographer yourself. Carefully study the photographer’s portfolio in advance. Choose the one whose works you like the most. Do not trust other people's opinions and do not try to find the right person though acquaintances or relatives. As a result, you can get a pig in a poke. Photos, their color correction, the choice of camera angle may disappoint you. Therefore, rely only on yourself in this matter.
2. Try to be yourself and behave naturally
Do not worry, feel relaxed and cheerful during the photo session. If you behave in a constrained manner, it will be visible on your photos. Thus, forget about the camera and imagine that it is an ordinary walk in a park. This is the best way to get real live shoots.
3. Try to get enough sleep. It’s obvious that many people find it difficult to fall asleep due to pre-wedding jitters but you need to sleep at least 5-6 hours; otherwise, by the middle of the wedding day you’ll feel sleepy. In addition, a fresh complexion and a cheerful mood is always an advantage for the photo shoot.
4. Do not hold a bachelorette party or bachelor party the day before the photo session. In no case, do not spend a bachelor party and a bachelorette party on the eve of the wedding – give yourself a break between these events. If you are planning the party, organize it a week or a few days before celebration.
5. Choose comfortable shoes. Skilled photographers advise to put on comfortable shoes or having two pairs for a photo walk. Usually, brides have long dresses under which shoes are not visible. However, if you put on a pair of sneakers or ballet shoes, you can easily endure a 1-2 hour walk.
6. Do not use unnatural poses and gestures. Forget about unnatural “broken” poses from fashion magazines! In general, it is not recommended being inspired by fashionable shootings – they are aimed at showing the beauty of clothes/accessories, and not the model herself.
Try to move slow and smooth so that the photographer will be able to catch the best moment and get an excellent shoot. In addition, during portrait shooting, try not to look directly at the camera. Such a picture will look boring, it has no zest.
Generally, during the photo shoot try to imagine that you and the groom are alone together and nobody sees you. Look into each other's eyes, talk about something without looking back at the photographer, do not hesitate to express emotions and tenderness. Be here and now - just enjoy the moment!