In the modern world, you can buy everything on the Internet, and a wedding dress is no exception. You can choose and get the desired outfit from anywhere in the world without leaving your home. We are to discuss what to consider while making such an online purchase in our article.
1. Evaluate all the pros and cons. There can be different reasons for buying a dress online:
• No time to go shopping and visit wedding salons
• You have found the dress of your dreams online
• You have chosen a designer dress a representative office of which is absent in your city
• It is cheaper than in an offline store
But whatever the reason, it is important to remember that when buying a dress online, there are some risks:
• The style of a dress may not suit you
• The fabric or color will not be the same as on the picture
• Poor sewing quality
• Instead of the original one, a famous designer will be sent a copy
• The dress will not be delivered in time
• Size does not fit
But this does not mean that you should forget about your dream dress. When buying online, you have to consider a number of rules to prevent the most common mistakes:
• If possible, speak with a manager of an online store or with a designer to find out if the chosen style and color suit you.
• Be sure to specify how long the delivery of the dress will take, and make an order so that the dress arrives no later than a month before a celebration.
• If you are not sure about the chosen style, visit a salon in your city and try on a similar dress.
Clarify the best way of how to take measurements to determine the size or to make an individual order. It will be even better to visit the nearest atelier – there, they will help you take measurements in accordance with the standards.
2. A reliable seller. When the decision to purchase a wedding dress through the Internet is taken, it's time to decide on a store or a designer. Try to ignore the sites that offer famous designer dresses at discount prices. As you know, high-quality designer clothes do not cost cheap; it is unlikely that the original Vera Wang dress can cost as an inexpensive dress in a discount center.
3. Take measurements. A wedding dress is not everyday clothing, so before placing an order, you should take measurements and identify your size in accordance with the scale provided on the site. It is better to take measurements in the nearest atelier or with an individual seamstress. They are good at it and have done it thousands of times, while you can make mistakes.
4. Fitting. Some online stores allow trying on dresses at home right upon its delivery. In this case, you can order one or several dresses at home and see how they look in reality.