Recently, many couples prefer making sports weddings. This is an alternative option for a classic celebration. Usually, adventure-lovers and people who want to break the accepted rules choose such formats of the event. Let’s see some ideas on how to theme your celebration if you want to arrange a sports wedding.
1. Outfits. When planning a sports wedding, remember that newlyweds’ outfits will be a bit modified. A bride can choose a classic white dress of a “princess” style without hoops but combine it with sneakers or gym shoes. This will add a bit of negligence and create the necessary image of the celebration. High heels are absolutely unnecessary for this format.
What concerns a bridegroom, he can forget about a classic black suit and wear a simple T-shirt and shorts or pants with gym shoes or sneakers. Here they are! Newlyweds are ready to welcome invitees!
2. Venue. It is necessary to choose a creative and themed wedding venue. A soccer field will be an excellent option. There, you will have a lot of places and can combine a banquet and a disco platform. If you still want to arrange the event in a cafe, then choose such locations where the interior matches your style. For example, it can be a cafe for sports fans. First of all, you can save money for decoration as such places already have all the necessary attributes of a sports theme (cups, balls, etc.). Secondly, there you’ll create the necessary atmosphere. Thirdly, the menu is adapted to sports themes.
3. A dress code. All invitees should follow a dress code. For example, men can put on shorts a T-shirt, or pants and a chemise. For women, it is possible to choose a sports dress or a sports suit. In any case, guests should forget about formal and cocktail dresses. This is not the right choice for sports weddings. Do not forget to inform your invitees about the dress code in an invitation card.
4. Menu. You should also think about the menu. Wedding dishes should have some associations with sport. For example, it is possible to serve a salad in the shape of a football ball. A wedding cake also requires attention. On the top, there can be a groom and a bride who try to score a ball in their wedding outfits.
5. Sports wedding items. Distributing pompoms, penny whistles, and other sports attributes among guests will be the perfect idea that will help create the right atmosphere of a sports wedding and keep all guests cheerful.
6. Entertainment program . It should comprise some creative competitions that are borrowed from sports disciplines.