Sleep is an important part of our lives. When we sleep, our body recovers from fatigue, stress, illness. That is why it is important to have healthy sleep. However, many people have problems with it. It happens due to many factors such as stress, depression, mental and physical problems, etc. Thus, let’s see how to improve the quality of your sleep and get the most benefit from it.
1. Ventilate your bedroom before sleep and sleep with an open window leaf. Scientists conducted an experiment during which they found out that 18-21°C is the best temperature for healthy sleep. However, if the room is too hot or too cold, sleep will be restless, and a person will frequently wake up.
2. Make walks in a park before sleep. Choose a not overcrowded natural place for walking. Thus, your body cells are oxygenated. In addition, it calms down your mind. When walking in a quiet with birds singing, trees, and fresh air, your brain relaxes. You forget about nervous occasions and disturbing routine.
3. Take a warm bath with essential oils. A warm bath will relax muscles, and essential oils will calm down your mental state. After spending 15-20 minutes in a flavored warm bathroom your body will get ready to fall asleep.
4. Avoid watching TV or surfing the Internet an hour before going to bed. Bright monitor screens of smartphones or laptops do not allow the nervous system to relax. They depress the centers of the brain, which are responsible for the feeling of fatigue. So, a person, who sits in front of the monitor, is not able to decipher the body's signals that it is time to go to bed. How to use this free time before bedtime? Meditations, books, conversations while drinking a cup of tea will be excellent options.
5. Drink herbal tea before bedtime. Often, we cannot fall asleep because the nervous system is too exhausted. A cup of herbal tea will help you feel relief.
6. Put your thoughts on paper. If your insomnia is connected with undone work or worries about the future, the right solution is to write down the problems on paper and try to solve them. Write down possible solutions and then go to bed. When a solution is found, it will be not difficult to fall asleep.
7. Counteract extraneous noise. Our brain continues to process information even when we sleep. Therefore, we frequently cannot fall asleep due to annoying street noises (car sounds, drunken laughter of passers-by), the cries of neighbors, and noisy home appliances. To cope with such annoying factors, turn on relaxing music with the sounds of nature, rain, or rolling waves of the ocean.