Sleep is an essential part of our lives. Our body recovers from fatigue, stress, and illness when we sleep. That is why it is necessary to have a healthy sleep. However, many people have problems with it. It happens due to many factors, such as stress, depression, and mental and physical issues. Thus, let's see how to improve the quality of your sleep and get the most benefit from it.
1. Ventilate your bedroom before sleep and sleep with an open window leaf. Scientists conducted an experiment during which they found out that 18-21°C is the best temperature for healthy sleep. However, if the room is too hot or too cold, rest will be restless, and a person will frequently wake up.
2. Make walks in a park before sleep. Choose a not crowded natural place for walking. Thus, your body cells are oxygenated. In addition, it calms down your mind. When walking in a quiet with birds singing, trees, and fresh air, your brain relaxes. You forget about nervous occasions and disturbing routines.
3. Take a warm bath with essential oils. A warm bath will relax muscles, and essential oils will calm your mental state. After spending 15-20 minutes in a generous flavored bathroom, your body will get ready to fall asleep.
4. Avoid watching TV or surfing the Internet an hour before bed. Bright monitor screens of smartphones or laptops do not allow the nervous system to relax. They depress the centers of the brain, which are responsible for the feeling of fatigue. So, a person who sits in front of the monitor cannot decipher the body's signals that it is time to go to bed. How to use this free time before bedtime? Meditations, books, and conversations while drinking tea will be excellent options.
5. Drink herbal tea before bedtime. Often, we cannot fall asleep because the nervous system is too exhausted. A cup of herbal tea will help you feel relief.
6. Put your thoughts on paper. If your insomnia is connected with unfinished work or worries about the future, the right solution is to write down the problems on paper and try to solve them. Write down possible solutions, and then go to bed. When a solution is found, falling asleep will not be difficult.
7. Counteract extraneous noise. Our brain continues to process information even when we sleep. Therefore, we frequently cannot fall asleep due to annoying street noises (car sounds, drunken laughter of passers-by), the cries of neighbors, and noisy home appliances. To cope with such irritating factors, turn on relaxing music with the sounds of nature, rain, or rolling waves of the ocean.