The image of a bride is made up of little things. One can even have the simplest dress, but if you add a beautiful headdress, jewelry, as well as a bouquet and shoes, the future wife will look like a queen.
While most accessories play only a decorative role or are a tribute to tradition, then a wedding clutch is the most functional and useful item, since it contains all the little things necessary for a bride during a wedding day.
There are several general requirements that an ideal wedding clutch must meet:
- In terms of colors and decor, it must match at least one of the details of the image. For example, it can be a dress, a headdress, jewelry, a bouquet, shoes; most often, brides choose a classic white wedding clutch or the accessory of ivory color;
- It should be comfortable to wear – a clutch should have a thin long strap (preferably made from leather, not a chain) or a loop for the hand (you should have an opportunity to hide a strap or loop inside the purse);
- If the bride needs to take a lot of small things with her, it is advisable to choose a spacious clutch with strong walls so that items put in it do not bulge and deform the clutch.
There are many styles of wedding clutches, among which each bride chooses the most convenient and suitable one:
1. A rectangular clutch. It is a classic version that is suitable for concise and elegant outfits with a sheath dress or trouser suit. This clutch looks extremely restrained. It will help create a sophisticated graceful image. If a bride chooses a restrained wedding dress without decor, a bun as her hairstyle, such a clutch will be the perfect option.
2. A clutch bag with clasp. It is an ideal option for a vintage wedding dress. Most often, these clutches are made of satin, soft leather, velvet, or brocade. They create cute and delicate look.
3. A box clutch. Such a clutch has strong rigid walls and resembles a casket in shape. It will be ideally combined with a dress of a "mermaid" cut.
4. A ball-shaped clutch. Such a clutch is ideal for a wedding dress in the Greek or Mediterranean style.
When choosing the most suitable clutch, consider also the time of year. For example, if you hold a celebration in winter, pay attention to a fur clutch, and for summer and spring – it is better to choose a lighter and simpler handbag made of leather or textile.
Although it is a small detail of a bride’s wedding look, it plays a huge role in it. Thus, it is important to know how to choose this accessory correctly.