When you’re ready to become one family and start planning a future wedding, it is important to plan one more event – a honeymoon. It also requires particular attention and consideration in advance. Here are the most important tips that will help make your honeymoon unforgettable.
1. Book tickets in advance. Remember that accommodation and tickets are booked in advance. If you’re going to visit a popular touristic destination and plan the trip for a hot season, then you should book tickets in advance.
2. Passports and visas. Some countries accept visitors whose passports are valid not less than 6 months since a trip. Thus, check whether your destination country has such or similar rules and make sure that your visas and passports will be valid.
3. Discuss your expectations with a partner. Talk about your dream honeymoon, listen to each other’s dreams, and choose an alternative.
4. Budget. The next step is to determine the budget. When you arrange the wedding, a greater part of the money will be spent on the celebration. Moreover, in most cases, people do not have enough money. Thus, it is important to determine a honeymoon budget in advance and not to touch this money.
5. Set the date of the trip. Choose the time, when you want to go on a honeymoon. Here, it is important to consider the following points:
- It is not advisable to go on a trip the next day after the celebration. It is better to leave some days to have rest.
- If you plan to have a honeymoon several months after the wedding, still, you should spend a 3-day vacation after the event.
- If you want to save money, consider the off-season. For example, if August is a hot season, you can go on a trip in September. The weather will still be fine, but there will be fewer tourists, and prices will lower.
6. The weather. When planning the honeymoon, keep in mind favorable and unfavorable weather conditions in a destination country. For example, in Egypt, there is a strong cold wind from January till March. So, it is better to check the weather before making arrangements.
7. Choose the shortest time for flights and road. It is recommended to spend no more than 13 hours on the road if you have a 7-day honeymoon. You should have rest and not spend your honeymoon in planes/trains.
8. Make the program of your honeymoon. You should have enough time either for activities or relaxation. Thus, it is better to make a list of desired entertainments. Discuss what you want to visit first of all; what is interesting for both of you; what will be the main objectives of your trip.