If you decided to marry and have already chosen the date, then it’s the right time to start searching for your ideal venue. In this article, we will consider what points you should keep in mind and discuss before choosing your perfect location.
1. Listen to each other. Discuss the issue with your partner. Describe what your ideal venue for the celebration is, and listen to your partner’s point of view. Express your preferences, tastes, and arguments on this matter.
2. Determine your budget. The next step is to compare your dreams and wishes with reality. Count your budget and consider whether it is real to pay for the venue you want. Find an alternative to your desires and budget.
3. Choose the style of your wedding. Remember that the wedding is not only about delicious food, hard drinks, and dances. It is important to create the right festive atmosphere that will perfectly match your location. For example, if you’re close to nature, it is reasonable to choose a rustic wedding under a tent or an outdoor veranda instead of glamorous restaurants.
4. Consider location. The wedding is a troublesome event. Thus, it is better if you will have to make minimum useless movements. It means that it is better to choose the venue where you can either make an outside registration, take a wedding photo shoot, or arrange a banquet.
5. Visit a venue with a decorator. Discuss your decorative ideas with your decorator. As he/she catches your idea, then visit a supposed wedding venue together. A specialist will tell you whether it is possible to make all your fantasies true and whether this very location is suitable for your decorative solutions.
6. Evaluate the level of service and food. It is important to try the offered menu. Make sure that dish portions are large enough, and your guests won’t be hungry. Check whether the offered dishes are suitable for you and your guests.
7. Talk to the manager of the venue. The manager of the location is the main person above the staff. Thus, while communicating with her/him, you’ll be able to access her/his politeness, ask questions, and create an impression about the whole organization of work there. Do not forget to ask about the number of waiters/waitresses and a corkage fee, possible restrictions.
8. Check whether it is possible to arrange an outside registration there if you want to do it.
9. Make sure that the chosen location will be able to accommodate all your guests, and they will have enough space.