No matter if it’s a relaxed beach wedding or elegant ballroom reception, blue is one of the most popular colors for wedding decor. Its dark shades like navy blue are more suitable for formal events, though light colors such as baby blue or dusty blue are quite popular for rustic or boho-style celebrations.
Dark shades of blue will add a glamourous touch to your wedding if you pair them with silver or gold. Pastel blue, like sky blue, will make any event light and airy, bringing a romantic atmosphere to your special day.
The combination of navy blue and white, it is widely used in nautical wedding themes. For a rustic theme, you can take into consideration a baby blue color.
You can also go for neutral wedding colors such as white and beige and add a touch of blue to them. It can be some decoration elements, accessories, or even clothes.
- Blue wedding invitations are classic ones but if you add their gold or metallic details, they will look sophisticated.
- Wedding shoes. It’s not necessarily that your bridal look should be total white. Add blue shoes to your dress to stand out among others.
- Blue wedding ring box. You can purchase a velvet ring box to keep your ring in it. It’s not only an important detail but also a nice detail for photos.
- Blue boutonniere. It’s good to match details in the look of the bride and groom. So, if you choose a blue bridal bouquet, you can add the same flower boutonniere to the groom’s attire.
- Wedding dress. If you have a bold personality, then you can opt for a blue wedding dress that will make you feel unique. It’s not rare when designers offer bridal gowns that are not off-white, hence you can easily find the right dress.
- Bridesmaid dresses. To stand out among others, ask your bridesmaids to choose navy blue dresses that will definitely compliment your look.
- Grooms’ suit. A Navy blue blazer paired with grey pants will look elegant and put together, so it’s one of the best choices for a groom.
- Flower arch. There are many naturally blue flowers such as delphinium, irises, hydrangeas, and wisteria. It can be used for a ceremony arch as well as to decorate the aisle.
- A wedding cake can also have blue decoration elements. Bold deserts with real blue flowers or the fully glazed cake will definitely impress your guests.